Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
online sites
i have been playing at playok.com now for 150 games....i really don,t like the site,,the interface is ugly as compared to games.com....

1. at games.com, do you play with real people...i site at a table there, and they have what looks like real people at the table, and sometimes maybe the computer? 

2. i am not thrilled with the way the computer deals cards at playok,,,,i enjoy the dealing at games.com  more,,,it seems more fair.

3. any suggestions where to play? online...

4. are there any sites that play single...that is what i grew up playing?
(12-03-2015, 04:26 AM)ronss1 Wrote:  2. i am not thrilled with the way the computer deals cards at playok,,,,i enjoy the dealing at games.com  more,,,it seems more fair.
This may be emotion-induced criticism, or a result of a highly competitive environment.  Developers are too busy with other things to rig hands for free card games.

(12-03-2015, 04:26 AM)ronss1 Wrote:  the interface is ugly as compared to games.com
3. any suggestions where to play? online...
PlayOK is never going to win a beauty contest, the value is in the active player pool.  WorldofCardGames.com is a place to look into.  I don't personally know about Double-deck.com.  Do you care if you are playing against robots? or do you prefer to play only against humans? or a mixture?

(12-03-2015, 04:26 AM)ronss1 Wrote:  4. are there any sites that play single...that is what i grew up playing?
I don't know of any single deck sites.  I think rakbeater mentioned an app a long time ago, but I can't recall the name.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
I'm late to the thread, but I wanted to chime in and say that I am the developer at http://worldofcardgames.com/ - the site has an implementation of Double Deck Pinochle. It can be played in single-player mode (against the computer), or multiplayer mode (vs other humans from around the world).

At World of Card Games, the computer is represented by "bots". You can usually tell who's a bot - their avatars look like robots.

I am skeptical that cards are dealt unfairly at any website though! Smile
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!