Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Card Games supports Hand Animator format
(08-21-2015, 12:46 AM)mickmackusa Wrote:  Some character validation/escaping would be necessary so harmful scripts aren't inputted into the animator, and also if a player did two line returns in a comment (causing a blank line in the notation), it wouldn't cause the Hand Animator to assume the conversation was over and start processing the next Hand prematurely.

There's already a certain level of processing done on chats at WoCG, so you shouldn't be getting dirty data. There are no carriage returns in chats.

(08-21-2015, 12:46 AM)mickmackusa Wrote:  By all means, let's discuss this further.  My first ideas are seldom the best ones.

I am willing to discuss it, but my initial reaction is that it's a bad idea - too many pitfalls, too little benefit. Example: "hey [publicly identifiable name], wtf did you throw away an Ace just now?". If people are already worried about being publicly identified in hand histories, they will not want to even visit a table where chats might be exported due to this concern. Adding a feature that scares people away from the site is not useful :/

(08-21-2015, 12:46 AM)mickmackusa Wrote:  p.s. For the record, I still have zero development time.  Even if I didn't have the comments viewable in the Hand Animator, the comments could be saved until a future date when I can update the Hand Animator.

From my own perspective, I'd rather first see this feature being used with some frequency before adding bells and whistles on it.

I will add the capability to export an entire game, given that the hand animator supports it, but I'd rather not put more time into the feature without evidence that it is popular.

I do have time for development work - it's almost all I do - but Pinochle has not taken off at WoCG. I should be working on ways to help that happen, and in addition, I have work on other games to do, too.
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!

Messages In This Thread
RE: World of Card Games supports Hand Animator format - marya - 08-21-2015, 02:08 PM