Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Card Games supports Hand Animator format
(08-22-2015, 01:42 PM)rakbeater Wrote:  Marya,

The email HH I would get from Poker sites, had to be requested.  Definitely don't make it automatic!!  These are just ideas, please don't think we expect everything to be done ASAP!  I am hoping to drive more players to your site though.

Much appreciated! Thanks for the info on how it was done at the poker sites, I had misunderstood.

Marya
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!
Marya,

While our members are aware of the hand history feature and know where to go with the raw hand history notation, how do other players know where to take it?  Can you provide them with some guidance on your site somewhere?  I think you said you weren't going to advertise the feature just yet, but I am just wondering how you might.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
(08-23-2015, 10:35 PM)mickmackusa Wrote:  Marya,

While our members are aware of the hand history feature and know where to go with the raw hand history notation, how do other players know where to take it?  Can you provide them with some guidance on your site somewhere?  I think you said you weren't going to advertise the feature just yet, but I am just wondering how you might.

I will make a general announcement once the feature is "public". Usually I post instructions on the blog and I will probably do it in a couple of other places.

I've already sent out a limited announcement to members of the Spades league at WoCG. I had noticed a number of these players trying out Pinochle, so I decided to give them early access. When I last checked, only one player other than Tigre and myself had used the feature, however, and in that case it was accidental (Shift-P was used during chat).
Sorry to announce this, but as of this morning (Sep 3 2015), I've removed the ability to export hand histories at World of Card Games. This is due to upcoming changes in the export format.

I will add it back in, once I get word that the new changes to the hand animator are stable.

Thank you for your patience in this!
This morning, I made Power Pinochle hand histories available at World of Card Games again.

The feature is only available to registered users. It's now a simple click to get a download of the hand history after each hand. There are more details in my blog post: http://worldofcardgames.blogspot.com/201...y-now.html

Once the PPN is finalized, and a new hand animator is in place, I plan to make any changes necessary to support a new notation. For now, though, the histories are available to anyone who wants to use the current hand animator.