Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want More?
Rick and I are cooking up some additional pages for Power Pinochle. The vision at this point is to add a few resource pages for a range of players.
1. A glossary of pinochle terminology
2. A breakdown of the current/basic bidding system
3. A table of pinochle statistics catering to the more advanced player (I won't give too many details on this one yet.)

If you would like to request the creation of an unmentioned page, please reply to this thread. Otherwise, stay tuned and we'll present new pages when they are ready.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
The Glossary page has been added to PowerPinochle.com; have a gander.
I still have some improvements to make to it, but this should suffice for now.
To suggest new Terms & Meanings for the Glossary, contact Rick.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
I'm not saying I have time. In fact, I'll admit that I don't have time. However, when I do have time, what should I create next? What would be most valuable to Power Pinochle and its members? rakbeater and I talk from time to time about priorities for PP, but I wonder what the community thinks.

Would it be valuable to create a 'test/tutorial' page for the second round of a hand? Perhaps a collection of small training hands that emphasize certain strategies? I've heard whispers of having a 3 to 5-card hand and trying to win the most tricks with the set combination of cards. ...something that isn't timed, so beginners can experiment stress-free. What would you want to see in such a program? What information should I provide to the user for a certain scenario? I could make a framework, and then compile a database of scenarios that correspond to a certain technique that it teaches when executed properly. Does anyone have any examples that I could brainstorm with? A 3 or 4-card hand (where all four seats' cards are delineated) that the user must play in a exact way to win maximum tricks. I would of course give credit to the individual authors for each scenarios.

Anyhow, that is just one idea.
If anyone has more ideas, make a suggestion.
You can PM me or send me an email via http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum/membe...user&uid=6
I'd love to compare lists -- Forum Team's vs. Community's.