Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Member List
Brick 
You can find members whose names start with a letter. But one member's name starts with a digit('1') and another's starts with a hyphen.

Nits, they're everywhere!
Rick Hall
(02-17-2013, 03:36 AM)richardpaulhall Wrote:  You can find members whose names start with a letter. But one member's name starts with a digit('1') and another's starts with a hyphen.

Nits, they're everywhere!

I am struggling to find the question in your message.
If there is a question, please rephrase so that I can be of some assistance.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
He's pointing out a limitation.

Go to the Members List. Across the top there are shortcuts for A-Z, by letter. But there's no shortcuts for anything else, like a number or special character.
(02-18-2013, 06:09 PM)ToreadorElder Wrote:  He's pointing out a limitation.

Go to the Members List. Across the top there are shortcuts for A-Z, by letter. But there's no shortcuts for anything else, like a number or special character.

Okay, I see. Yes, there is no display of special characters or numbers.
First and most importantly, the myBB software doesn't allow me to add the dash or numbers to the list of hyperlink letters. Instead of saving my change, it just says that my change will leave the site vulnerable to attack.

If you want to search for names, use the search form near the bottom of the memberlist page.
You can type "-" into the Username Contains field to find "-TJ-".

Or you can click on one of the hyperlink letters near the top.
(If I click on 'A', this url will be loaded: http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum/membe...username=A)
Then you can manually change the url from username=A to username=1 and press Enter, all usernames starting with 1 will be loaded.
This url returns: "10'sRnd"
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle