Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World of Card Games supports Hand Animator format
(08-20-2015, 11:54 PM)mickmackusa Wrote:  Another consideration....

The poker replayers, that I once used, had the added feature of displaying the player comments as they happened in each phase of the hand.
I omitted this bit from the Hand Animator, because I was designing with PlayOK in mind and PlayOK doesn't export comments.

Is this a desired output? or is it more trouble than it is worth?

I am inclined to believe that it is mostly unimportant, but I am interested in what others might think.

Should conversations be preserved with hand histories?

I think it may be beneficial, especially for "training" tables (which don't really exist per se, but with the ability to pause on private tables you can definitely provide feedback on play.  (As a matter of fact, I played a game the other night with Marya and found the pause button very handy.)

During the aforementioned game, Marya said she would export the chat session so she could take the time to digest my feedback...I don't know if there is a way to do this with the click of a button, or if she simply copied and pasted from the chat window, or if she used her Administrator privileges to somehow accomplish this.  At any rate, like I said, it may be helpful but I don't know that I'd want it by default, or for every hand/game.  (Generally the chats are "NH," "GG," "WTG P," and the like - no real value there.)

As I type this, another option comes to mind...perhaps the chats could be stored with the game log (if this is easily accomplished), and the interface on PP could allow turning on or off the chats.  That might be the better way to go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: World of Card Games supports Hand Animator format - TigreLXIX - 08-21-2015, 12:11 AM