Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of malformed MyBB tags
I just ran into a strange occurrence when posting today.
I think it best for me to share it, in case someone else finds themselves in the same situation.

I was separating sections of another member's post and wrapping them in MyBB quote tags.

The basic opening quote tag is: a square bracket (opening to the right), the word "quote", then a square bracket (opening to the left).

The closing tag is: a square bracket (opening to the right), a forward slash "/", the word "quote", then a square bracket (opening to the left).

By mistake I typed a backward slash where the forward slash was meant to be! This turned out to be a monkey wrench. When I clicked the Preview Post button, all of my post was invisible and only my esignature was shown. However, all of my post was still visible in the writing field.

I thought something was temporarily wrong with the preview display, so I submitted the post, and it was still invisible in the thread.

I then employed my Admin privileges and checked the database to find that my post did, in fact, get saved to the database.

Anyhow, just thought I would warn you all. If your post disappears upon submission, this is one known culprit.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle

Messages In This Thread
Beware of malformed MyBB tags - mickmackusa - 09-13-2014, 01:25 AM