Power Pinochle Forums
Announcement: New Meld Calculator - Printable Version

+- Power Pinochle Forums (http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Power Pinochle Community (http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Announcements (http://www.powerpinochle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Announcement: New Meld Calculator (/showthread.php?tid=102)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Announcement: New Meld Calculator - mickmackusa - 01-20-2013

I don't use Chrome and I am not going to bother downloading it.

I have narrowed down that the program is failing on Chrome when the ajax is triggered (during Meld Calculation & Hand Generation.)

Both of these actions require a call to a respective sub-program. While Firefox and IE are not fussed, Chrome doesn't like the relative paths I provide.

I have just altered the code to always use absolute paths (just prepended "http://www.powerpinochle.com/" to the relative paths.)

The program still works on FF with the code update.
Let me know if the program works for you and other Chrome users.

p.s. I now have the Meld Score clearing when there are less than 20 cards selected.

Thank you for bringing this hiccup to my attention.

New Meld Calculator - For Chrome Users - mickmackusa - 01-29-2013

Can anyone confirm that the Meld Calculator program is working for Chrome users? I made an adjustment in the javascript, but I haven't heard if it is fixed. TIA

RE: Announcement: New Meld Calculator - richardpaulhall - 01-29-2013

It still does not calculate meld.

Meld Calculator - Always Chrome Friendly - mickmackusa - 01-29-2013

(01-29-2013, 04:35 PM)richardpaulhall Wrote:  It still does not calculate meld.

Okay, I broke down and downloaded Chrome so I could get to the bottom of this.
Turns out, the program is fine and working 100% of the time on my Chrome browser.
I just kept clicking and refreshing and typing and reloading and the thing never broke.
Sorry for your inconvenience, and I wish you good luck in finding the problem with your browser's settings.

RE: Announcement: New Meld Calculator - ToreadorElder - 01-31-2013

Working on Chrome for me too.

Meld Calculator Works In Chrome - richardpaulhall - 02-17-2013

Congratulations. What was wrong?

I tried debugging the errors but I don't know enough about Javascript events.

RE: Meld Calculator Works In Chrome - mickmackusa - 02-17-2013

(02-17-2013, 03:42 AM)richardpaulhall Wrote:  Congratulations. What was wrong?

I tried debugging the errors but I don't know enough about Javascript events.

Quite likely, nothing was wrong (on the Power Pinochle end).
I feel pretty confident that the errors occurring are specific to your browser.
Both ToreadorElder and I have used the Meld Calculator with no problems.

Perhaps you can save your Bookmarks or whatever personalized settings you have, uninstall the Chrome browser, then download it again. Maybe a fresh new Chrome browser will solve the problem.

Good luck.

Meld Calculator now featuring Cardies - mickmackusa - 07-31-2013

I glanced over the Meld program and thought beginners might like to SEE what card combinations qualify for points.

If you wish to have a look, create a 20-card hand @ Meld.
If the hand scores any meld points, you will see the textual expression of the meld unit's name, its value, AND the cards that qualified the meld.

I hope this helps some beginners that are dipping their toe in the warm waters of Pinochle.

Enjoy!

RE: Meld Calculator now featuring Cardies - rakbeater - 08-06-2013

(07-31-2013, 01:34 AM)mickmackusa Wrote:  I glanced over the Meld program and thought beginners might like to SEE what card combinations qualify for points.

If you wish to have a look, create a 20-card hand @ Meld.
If the hand scores any meld points, you will see the textual expression of the meld unit's name, its value, AND the cards that qualified the meld.

I hope this helps some beginners that are dipping their toe in the warm waters of Pinochle.

Enjoy!

I like this new feature. Well done.