Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's not enough to bid badly...
...you also have to be a total jerk.  You'll have to trust me about the fact he was a jerk.  But here's 3 samples:

Early on.  He's in 3rd seat with 

TS TS TS KS QS TH KH QH QH JH TC TC KC QC AD AD KD KD QD QD

Auction starts 52 - 53 - 56 - 65 - pass - pass to him.

He bid 70.  Uhhhhh.....this is so begging to go set.  I bail his backside out;  I have 4 side aces AND  AD TD TD XD XD XD .  BEHIND the defender with  AD TD TD KD QD JD so I can hold HIS winners down.  He takes all of 6 points.  

Score's 300-280, so close game, but still a few hands to play.

In first seat, he holds:

TS QS QS   AH TH KH QH JH   TC KC KC QC QC QC JC JC   TD KD QD QD

He opens 50.  It's passed out.  He names clubs...which is his only chance.  Yeah, we make the board...barely.  I have 2.  But I have 6 aces...including 2 trump aces.  He still can't save;  a horrible trump break dooms him.  BUT come ON!  Bidding THIS?

Then last hand of the game.  Yeah, it's double bidder out;  490-460.  Still...  The auction starts 52 - pass - 55 to him.  He holds:

TS TS KS JS JS AH AH AH TH TH AC AC KC QC JC AD TD KD QD JD

The ass bids 100.  

ARGH!!!!!  There's a huge segment of the player base on PlayOK that pulls **** like this regularly...they'll take a massive set QUITE often rather than letting someone else play it.  But with *this*?  Do you *really* think you can pull 31 with this, in whatever suit?  And it's this attitude that impels my suggestion that junk like this should be handled *harshly*.

A problem is that the player base even on PlayOK is rather small...at upper levels in the ratings in particular.  It's not easy to get a table up without some of these idiots.
WOW...all I can say...