Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Pinochle Statistic Graphics via Google API
I just threw together a little statistical graphic for the sake of trying.
Google makes many charts and graphics very easy.

http://powerpinochle.com/forum/graphics.php

This piechart shows Power Pinochle Members and their number of posts in the forum.
It's not a competition people!  I'm just showing off what can be done.

It will be useful to generate graphics like this from our future statistics.

If you want to see a graphic for a specific set of statistics, please point me to the data or send it to me and I'll see if I can put something together.

For anyone who is interested in what kind of data I am using, check the source code.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
Nice!

There's something I'd like to add to World of Card Games: a worldwide map showing where people are located (only if they wish to add themselves of course). I think it would be fun, and interesting for users. Might be fun to have that here too. That's not a chart feature of course!
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!
Google offers all kinds of graphics.
Yes you can use their geochart to tag locations or make a choropleth.

I like the idea of identifying demographics.
Some of our members provide their locations, others don't; I don't know if I have enough volume to get a true representation.  I'll have a look when I have time.

I am also interested in ages.  I'll have a look at that too.

*note, the geochart offered by Google doesn't work on all devices/platforms.  I know that older apple device choke hard on the geochart.  So hard that it also removes all other google graphics on the same page.

Anyhow, it is fun to play with and will add real value to any statistics that are difficult to fathom/comprehend.

I want to think about TE's recent hand texture statistics and how this could be converted into a graphic because my pea-brain just sees a big mass of numbers!
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
(07-08-2016, 07:03 PM)mickmackusa Wrote:  I want to think about TE's recent hand texture statistics and how this could be converted into a graphic because my pea-brain just sees a big mass of numbers!

You could break things up into groups:

--balanced (5-5-5-5, 6-5-5-4, 6-6-4-4, 7-5-4-4)
--semi-balanced (6-6-5-3, 7-5-5-3, 7-6-4-3)
--single suited 
--two-suited (8-6 or 7-7 or longer in the 2 main suits, and NOT 3 suited)
--three-suited (6-6-6-2 maybe, but generally 3 suits at least 5 long, and a stiff or void)

You can also group by longest suit (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, probably 11+, as odds of suits of this length get to be too low to chart individually).
(07-08-2016, 07:49 PM)ToreadorElder Wrote:  
(07-08-2016, 07:03 PM)mickmackusa Wrote:  I want to think about TE's recent hand texture statistics and how this could be converted into a graphic because my pea-brain just sees a big mass of numbers!

You could break things up into groups:

--balanced (5-5-5-5, 6-5-5-4, 6-6-4-4, 7-5-4-4)
--semi-balanced (6-6-5-3, 7-5-5-3, 7-6-4-3)
--single suited 
--two-suited (8-6 or 7-7 or longer in the 2 main suits, and NOT 3 suited)
--three-suited (6-6-6-2 maybe, but generally 3 suits at least 5 long, and a stiff or void)

You can also group by longest suit (6, 7, 8, 9, 10, probably 11+, as odds of suits of this length get to be too low to chart individually).

What would "single suited" be?  (>7-<6-<6-<6) ?  [8 or more, 5 or less, 5 or less, 5 or less]