Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 nice features I've recently seen on PlayOK worth considering
#1:  2 players sitting at table.  Both had the same IP address.  This was reported when I sat at the table.  Checking the stats, one of them was, indeed, 60-9...an impossible mark without cheating.  The other had ONLY played with the first one.  Do the math, right?  Smile

#2:  One player was reported to have lots of recent abandons...55%.  Nice warning to have as well.  PlayOK's abandons are probably too easy to trigger...slow play is included in an 'abandon'...but still, that's no good.  But there might be some way of working in something along these lines on WoCG.
(06-30-2016, 10:36 PM)ToreadorElder Wrote:  #1:  2 players sitting at table.  Both had the same IP address.  This was reported when I sat at the table.  Checking the stats, one of them was, indeed, 60-9...an impossible mark without cheating.  The other had ONLY played with the first one.  Do the math, right?  Smile

#2:  One player was reported to have lots of recent abandons...55%.  Nice warning to have as well.  PlayOK's abandons are probably too easy to trigger...slow play is included in an 'abandon'...but still, that's no good.  But there might be some way of working in something along these lines on WoCG.

I agree.  Both sound valuable.

Furthermore, if you were looking to handpick players from a lounge, it would be good to see these stats in the lounge table:
Player Name, Wins, Losses, IP Address, Abandon Rate, Most Frequent Partner, maybe more.

But, unfortunately, people can spoof their IP, so if you make it an obvious criteria, then the sneaky/capable people will be careful to change the IP before entering the lounge.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
There's some info available about all players at a table at WoCG. Currently it is rudimentary. I have had feedback that some people do not want their win/loss stats shown. I do understand why some don't want it shown. I may make more stats optionally shown in the future.

At ranked tables, players are not allowed from the same IP address. Determined cheaters can get around this in a variety of ways. I've received complaints about the IP rule from couples who live in the same house and would like to play together (either as opponents or teammates). One person told me that they won't use the site because of this rule (and it's only a rule at ranked tables!). I don't know if this a huge or minor problem. It's certainly an interesting idea to let people play from the same IP address and just give that info and let people decide for themselves what they want.
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!