Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meld Test
I noticed what may be a glitch in the meld tester. I don't remember the suits now, but I had a run, Aces around, queens around, and a pinochle. 

Something like this:
 [Image: AH.png][Image: AH.png][Image: TH.png][Image: KH.png][Image: QH.png][Image: JH.png][Image: AS.png][Image: TS.png][Image: TS.png][Image: QS.png][Image: AD.png][Image: AD.png][Image: TD.png][Image: QD.png][Image: JD.png][Image: AC.png][Image: TC.png][Image: QC.png][Image: JC.png][Image: JC.png]

I was told the meld total was 20. I count 22: 10 for the aces, 6 for the queens, 4 for the pinochle, and 2 for the marriage if hearts is not called. 

Do you guys not count the marriage that's in the run in a pre-declare trump total or am I losing my mind and counting it wrong lol?
                                                                                                                                                        -Nikki
(04-15-2016, 07:04 PM)nmaguire75 Wrote:  I noticed what may be a glitch in the meld tester. I don't remember the suits now, but I had a run, Aces around, queens around, and a pinochle. 

Something like this:
 [Image: AH.png][Image: AH.png][Image: TH.png][Image: KH.png][Image: QH.png][Image: JH.png][Image: AS.png][Image: TS.png][Image: TS.png][Image: QS.png][Image: AD.png][Image: AD.png][Image: TD.png][Image: QD.png][Image: JD.png][Image: AC.png][Image: TC.png][Image: QC.png][Image: JC.png][Image: JC.png]

I was told the meld total was 20. I count 22: 10 for the aces, 6 for the queens, 4 for the pinochle, and 2 for the marriage if hearts is not called. 

Do you guys not count the marriage that's in the run in a pre-declare trump total or am I losing my mind and counting it wrong lol?

I have checked the records, and you were using the Meld Training program, not the Meld Test.
Regardless, all of the meld-associated programs are powered by a single meld identifying/counting program.
Because there is no screen shot of the occurrence, I am left to assume there is no error in the code, and it is the result of an overlooked meld unit or a mis-remembering of the cards in the hand.

The meld counts is also dependent on the score chart and trump suit.
Chart preference can be adjusted before the start of the training/test.
The random trump suit is declared beneath the 20-cards.

Since you didn't post which suit was Trump, I can only assume that Hearts was not trump because a Run would have generated an odd numbered score.

If this happens again, or you can replicate this error using the Meld Calculator program, please capture the screen and let me know.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle