Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Michigan!
Hi,
 My name is Nikki. I've been playing double deck since I was 7 years old , which is err 33 years lol. My Mother always told me she put the cards in my hands as soon as they were big enough to hold them. 
 I learned a little bit from my parents and friends growing up, but it wasn't until I got online that I realized how much I didn't know. I started playing with the prescripts that had been taught to me and after a while I thought the game felt like throwing cards in a hat:basically war with more rules. I realized there had to be more. So I started listening to the tips of other players and analyzing the game to see tricks and better ways to play, myself. This made the game fun again!
 I'm rated by Pogo.com (which doesn't mean much as their rating system does not reflect skill) as master, which is above expert but I would refer to myself as an expert and so would others because there's always something new to learn. I've studied the game inside and out; backward and forward. Not much new information comes to me these days, but I always listen to others' ideas and tips and I suggest anyone do the same. You never know when someone is going to know more than you.
 I have to admit I'm new to forums and new to what my role might be here, so please be patient with me as I learn. 
 It's nice to get to meet all of you fellow enthusiasts and people who want to learn. I love this game!  Big Grin
                                                                                                                                                        -Nikki
The midwest is great for Double Deck Pinochle, Nikki! Glad to be able to have your insight here.

rd
Welcome to Power Pinochle. I am looking forward to your input and perspective as an experienced player! Please don't be afraid to comment and dig into all the different threads we have in the forums.