Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Me
I began playing pinochle about 1948, Double Deck, on USN ships at sea for over 3 1/2 years, (USN 8/47 to 8/51). Army 11/51 and retired army 11/1989, included 16 years active-duty, including 13 years overseas. Mostly Germany and Austria. We played Double Deck "every chance duty permitted". Always played a penny a point; $__ a game; $1 if set and forfeited (threw in) the hand; $2 if set when playing the hand; Game winning partners didn't pay for "sets". Once in a great while when only 3 players available we played "Three Handed cut throat", penny a point etc as above notes. -- How often I play now? Usually, at least 2-3 days a week at local Senior Center. I play ONLY 4-handed partnership, although some of the "oldies" play "sort of" Double Deck, 5-6 handed, and sometimes Single Deck. Those odd kind of "sort of" pinochle I never play are sort of a "pet peeve", I suppose, since I had never heard of those kind of games. And not interested in learning or playing them!! The Center does have some reasonably good players. Maybe "2" that I would have as a partner in a lower costing fee-to-play "money game". -- "Published works": I authored "HOW TO WIN" - AS "WEB" PLAYS IT". Clubs and groups have used it as reference. Six pages (small print) is 90%+ of "Strategies", but has Rules referred to within "a strategy". -- I have almost always played in clubs and Double Deck groups that played in accordance with national pinochle associations such as NPA. -- I "love" Double Deck and playing against the "best" partnerships. I believe that Dbl Deck is by far the best card game in the world! If a 4th player is needed and I get a call, even if middle of the night and not too distant from home, "I'll be there ASAP). I don't "make the rules", I only type them up and distribute to beginners and less skilled players, but I adhere to all of them, even though there may be "some rule" that I may not necessarily "like". (Continuation of 40 years army discipline?)..
Welcome to the family, Roman.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
I agree, having learned "the hard way". Play with or against the "best" partnerships and champions if available, accept their criticism and remarks etc as to how a hand or game might have been played better, and you will agree "how much you don't know about a game you've been playing most of your life.
Welcome to our community! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.