Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced Posting - Tags
In case anyone has not experimented with the menu of options and icons just above the message box during the creation of a new post. I welcome you to experiment with all of the options, or have a look at the explanations at this link: http://docs.mybb.com/MyCode.html.

I have briefly looked into enabling html tags into messages only to find that there are still problems with the existing plugins. (Not to mention the vulnerability of enabling html.)

In the meantime, the only ways to add any kind of structure to your posts is to incorporate code tags (# icon above) and list tags (3-lined icons with numbers/bullets).

examples:
Code:
The code        tags       retain     their spaces.
However, they retain their sometimes mildly annoying white box labeled Code:

Code:
This is centered       and    retaining spaces.

I like to listen to:
  1. Pearl Jam
  2. Pearl Jam
  3. and Pearl Jam

Other interesting artists are:
  1. Pearl Jam
  2. Pearl Jam
  3. and Pearl Jam

Try these methods in your message then clicking Preview Post to see if you are achieving the desired effect.

Or, click reply to this post and view how I've entered my message (just don't post the reply).

If all else fails, PM me.

If your posts are very long and visually lifeless, it won't matter how thoughtful and helpful it is; there is an audience that will likely zone-out or even give it a miss.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
Don't refrain from posting, just because you can't figure this out though. If you want to post, but it is tough to read, one of the admin can go in and clean up the post to make it more readable. Less work for us is always preferable, but not at the expense of new posts and forum activity.