Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing fun_gal_67
Hello Everyone!
My name is Caren and I am from Wichita Kansas. I am a pinochle addict and It has been 1 hour since my last pinochle game. =)
I am available mostly on weekends but I am able to play in the evening
I have been playing pinochle for nearly 30 years. My husband was military and leaned to play in Canada while on TDY orders. He came home and taught me and
I have absolutely loved the game since. I discovered Yahoo pinochle in 1998 and since then I have been a member of Cases, Team Cases and various other pinochle leagues. I have attended 4 live tournaments which I completely enjoyed...NON STOP PINOCHLE!
Nowadays I spend my evenings playing with my favorite partner in yahoo-rated games. The turmoil in the lounges ( the booters, spammers, etc) have really made me angry because I find it difficult to find a good place to play in which I will not get booted.
Anyhow, this is what has brought me your way...a place to discuss pinochle and possibly learn a few things as well. I believe I am a very good player but I also feel there is always room for improvement.
The most important thing to me is to have integrity. I do not believe in messaging a partner during a game or table talk. The stallling/cheating/padding issues that happen in the lounges are very immature and show lack of skill in the players. (IMHO)
Thank you for inviting me to this forum

Caren aka fun_gal_67
Welcome aboard Caren! Your values reflect those here at PowerPinochle. One of the many great things about these forums is the ability to moderate members and conversations. We want this to be a comfortable place for players of all skill levels. Beginners should feel comfortable to be learn the game and ask questions, while experienced players should feel comfortable discussing advanced pinochle and helping the beginners. As our membership grows, our goal is that Power Pinochle Members are recognized as, not only good pinochle players, but as good people enjoying a fun game together. Also, don't forget to register for a chance at a free book or to become a beta reader, if you are interested.
(08-07-2012, 01:47 AM)fun_gal_67@yahoo.com Wrote:  Hello Everyone!
My name is Caren and I am from Wichita Kansas. I am a pinochle addict and It has been 1 hour since my last pinochle game. =)
I am available mostly on weekends but I am able to play in the evening
I have been playing pinochle for nearly 30 years. My husband was military and leaned to play in Canada while on TDY orders. He came home and taught me and
I have absolutely loved the game since. I discovered Yahoo pinochle in 1998 and since then I have been a member of Cases, Team Cases and various other pinochle leagues. I have attended 4 live tournaments which I completely enjoyed...NON STOP PINOCHLE!
Nowadays I spend my evenings playing with my favorite partner in yahoo-rated games. The turmoil in the lounges ( the booters, spammers, etc) have really made me angry because I find it difficult to find a good place to play in which I will not get booted.
Anyhow, this is what has brought me your way...a place to discuss pinochle and possibly learn a few things as well. I believe I am a very good player but I also feel there is always room for improvement.
The most important thing to me is to have integrity. I do not believe in messaging a partner during a game or table talk. The stallling/cheating/padding issues that happen in the lounges are very immature and show lack of skill in the players. (IMHO)
Thank you for inviting me to this forum

Caren aka fun_gal_67

Fantastic to have you Caren! You sound like a seasoned veteran! New members with diverse pinochle experiences have loads to offer Rick and his Power Pinochle revolution. I encourage you to share your joy and insights throughout the forum. This site is still in its infancy and has the potential to be many great things for pinochle world-wide. Much of the potential will come down to the support received. I hope you benefit from the site as much as the site benefits from you.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle