Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Group
Hi, my name is Ed. Been playing since 1968, using Cardinal Dougherty High School rules. I've ALWAYS played to 121. Haven't played in awhile and taught my daughter and son-in-law last night. Believe it or not, first game, my team winning 120 to 103. Opponents had deal and I suddenly remembered "Bidder Out". After explaining the rule other players said NAH. UNTIL they took the bid, We won 133 to 129 BUT lost due to "bidder out".
Fun night.
Does anyone else play the CDHS rules?

Ed
(11-29-2019, 11:15 AM)EBupp Wrote:  Hi, my name is Ed. Been playing since 1968, using Cardinal Dougherty High School rules. I've ALWAYS played to 121. Haven't played in awhile and taught my daughter and son-in-law last night. Believe it or not, first game, my team winning 120 to 103. Opponents had deal and I suddenly remembered "Bidder Out". After explaining the rule other players said NAH. UNTIL they took the bid, We won 133 to 129 BUT lost due to "bidder out".
Fun night.
Does anyone else play the CDHS rules?

Ed

I've never heard of those rules. Whereabouts are you from, and what are the rules besides playing to 121?
Play Pinochle at World of Card Games!
Hi, Marya.
I'm from Philadelphia. I learned from a fireman in 1968 when I was 14. We used a 48 card deck. ONE round of bidding under Cardinal Dougherty High School rules. CDHS stood for clubs, diamonds,hearts and spades.
Bids and meanings, usually to give your partner info, like bridge:
20 - if dealer stuck with it
21 - Save bid, usually by dealers partner
22 - 6 to 8 meld, no strong trump suit
23 - 6 to 8 meld, strong trump suit
24 - 8 to 10 meld, no strong trump suit
25 - Aces bid, for aces around
This is where CDHS comes in
26 - run in Clubs
27 - run in Diamonds
28 - run in Hearts
29 - run in Spades
Scoring- run 15, marriage 2 - 4 if trump, 9 of trump 1, Aces around 10, Kings 8. Queens 6, Jacks 4, pinochle 4
Tricks, 1 pt for ea. A 10 K and 1 for last trick
Game - 121
Bidder out