Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to find probability percentages for different scenarios?
Needing to find probability percentage tables for different scenarios when playing six-handed.  Anyone know any sources?

Thanks.
(01-01-2018, 03:54 AM)Myhelmet Wrote:  Needing to find probability percentage tables for different scenarios when playing six-handed.  Anyone know any sources?

This seems a bit vague.  What do you mean by "different scenarios"?  Are you asking about Meld (probability of meld unit occurrences: "Kings Around", "Double Queens Around", "Triple Pinochle", etc.) or Play (probability of your team holding the remaining trump aces, trump cards, etc.)?  Because Pinochle is so tribal in its rules, I should probably ask you to define the deck you are using.  (I assume you are using a triple-deck with no 9's in it.)  "Statistics" isn't my bag, but if you clarify what you are asking, perhaps someone else can help you.
It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing all your life. -- Mickey Mantle
It's bloody hard to find any probability data on even 4-handed double deck.  Nor can I recall offhand any site that has more than the barest mention of 6-handed variants.  

And as mick alluded to, odds are all you'll ever find, even for single or double deck, is stuff like meld frequencies.  My notion of "scenario" covers any specific questions, such as:

given

TS TS KS KS QS QS AD TD KD JD JD JD AC KC KC QC QC KH QH JH

Partner passes in first seat;  LHO bids 50.  Score is not an issue.  Question:  what's the rough probability that my partner will have enough support that we can pull 20?

I'm not sure I could find an answer on a similar question for bridge, which is massively more popular and studied. :Smile