Power Pinochle Forums

Full Version: Discussion...do you bid???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PlayOK has been on a void-dealing kick.  Partner opens 50 in first seat;  RHO passes.  You hold:

AC AC TC TC KC KC QC JC AD TD KD QD QD JD AS TS TS KS QS JS

Your call?

I decided to pass.  Obviously, can't give meld, and either I have awesome trump support for my partner...or I'd risk running into a HUGE misfit.  And playing this kind of hand is often very hard;  your trump suit will get exposed very quickly most of the time.

So what would be your thinking, and choice?

EDIT:  I said a void-dealing kick.  3 of them in just a few games.  The probability of getting a spade void is very simple to compute;  choose any 20 cards from the 60 non-spades, divided by the total number of hands, choose 20 from 80.  Multiply by 4 to cover all 4 suits.  The answer is a bit less than 0.5%...or about 1 every 200 hands.
Yeah, I agree with passing in this situation. Partner (if he knows how to bid) likely has a decent trump suit and is looking for meld. Your 8 clubs would evaporate pretty quickly once you're found out in hearts, and you don't have enough high clubs to really dominate the hand.

How did the hand go?
Answer sent privately for now.
I would bid 51 to give my partner an option. With the right fit I could take 31 with this hand, with the wrong fit, it doesn't matter who takes the bid.