Power Pinochle Forums

Full Version: x10 Meld Scoring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when i played pinochile, the scoring was 100 for aces, 80 for k,s, -60 for queens.....why does this site have 10, 8, 6 for the same thing...

can anyone tell me another site that scrores the way i do, with real players?
(10-22-2013, 03:12 AM)ronss Wrote: [ -> ]when i played pinochle, the scoring was 100 for aces, 80 for k,s, -60 for queens.....why does this site have 10, 8, 6 for the same thing...

can anyone tell me another site that scores the way i do, with real players?

You are referring to meld scoring where values are multiplied by 10.
This is one webpage that speaks on the subject: http://www.pagat.com/marriage/pin2hand.html#melding

There is a plethora of variations of pinochle rules/scoring around the world. Most players that transition from their home games to online games experience several *new* rules to learn/accept. While this truth inconveniences an individual player in the short-term, the long-term benefit will see the world-wide game of pinochle shed many of its less popular versions.

I haven't heard of any online pinochle sites that offers what you are seeking, but that doesn't mean that they're not out there.
If you do find one, please share with our pinochle community.
Otherwise, I would encourage you to settle with one of the more popular pinochle sites and adopt their rules.

Power Pinochle's Basics Menu currently only offers programs that teach/train/test meld counting -- which you may find useful.
Regarding non-melding rules, you'll have to visit your preferred site's rules page to get the true story.

Let us know what you decide to do in the end.
Welcome to Power Pinochle.
And thank you for your first post.
I believe that is the scoring for single deck pinochle?
I'm pretty sure only double deck uses the x10 values, but I could be wrong.

But yah, AFAIK it's always just adding the extra 0. Given that, it makes no mechanical difference. And I think it's probably just a bit easier to think in terms of the lower numbers, myself.
i did play a lot of double deck, but also used that meld scoring in single deck....i quess i got use to scoring in 10,s...sort of suprised me there was something different
That's nothing. Smile The variations in meld scoring are pretty crazy between the different online games, and those games run by the NPA. NPA, IIRC, has the most important/dramatic...they give 25 for a run, instead of 15. That's enough to force adjustments to bidding styles, at least with some hand types. Differences such as the triple pinochle meld...sometimes it's 45, sometimes 90...obviously affect how much meld you give, but that's all.
(10-23-2013, 01:23 PM)ToreadorElder Wrote: [ -> ]That's nothing. Smile The variations in meld scoring are pretty crazy between the different online games, and those games run by the NPA. NPA, IIRC, has the most important/dramatic...they give 25 for a run, instead of 15. That's enough to force adjustments to bidding styles, at least with some hand types. Differences such as the triple pinochle meld...sometimes it's 45, sometimes 90...obviously affect how much meld you give, but that's all.

okay...yahoo has team playing, and real players,...i have now played 2 games, lost first big time, but won second...i got the bidding down better...

some hands, players get 0 points.....explain please.????

i wish there was a real player site online, double deck, and not teams...i am better single players....
There are 2 scoring options that are frequently linked together.

1. In order to make the board, you must have 20 meld.
2. In order to save your meld, you must pull 20 points during the play.

Or maybe only the 2nd one is an option, and the first is always the case...can't recall. The 2nd is the more significant, tho; without it, you're playing a game of 99.9% luck.
Ronss, I'd like to draw your attention to World of Card Games Pinochle.
This site is trending heavily in the forum right now, because it is the only site that allows the export of hand histories that are compliant with the Power Pinochle Hand Animator.

Give it a chance and see if you like it.
If you have questions about game play, you can provide your exported hand histories and consult our members about any aspect of the game.

See the rapidly growing World of Card Games - Development subforum for all of the latest news.